Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Dream for the Future

I'm in my mid 40s and I realize now that some of the dreams I had when I was a Young Adult may not be realized based on the fact that I have only a certain amount of time left on this earth.

When I was a teenager I believed I had forever in front of me. I believed that anything was possible and that I could do everything. 20 something years later and I realize that I don't have forever and that I can't do everything. In fact given the reality of time, I need to be more focused, more disciplined and more faithful to the things that I've committed to in life.

These days my dream is to help my kids fulfill their dreams. I realize that I have means to support the things my kids want to reach for in the future.I realize I have strong shoulders and I can lift my kids up - the next generation-and cheer them on in their dreams, encouraging them toward the deep dreams in their heart that will fulfill who they are.

These days, I'm focusing on the dreams of my kids. I pray that I help them and not hinder them. I pledge to support them and give them the best possible chance at their dreams. I feel that this right now this is my mission in life.

At 44 years of age I realize that i have strong shoulders and the ability to support those who will influence the future of world.

No comments: